• Hi everybody.
    > Ask in the appripiate section.
    > Mention all the required fields.
    > Explain the issue clearly.
    > If solved your problem, write here how you solved the issues so others can benefits.
    Thank you
  • Hi howdy? we glad you to be here. Are you interested to learn Laptop chip level repair work, then this is a small forum join in the laptop repair community to help each other.
    Please Register

Burned component on GIGABYTE RTX 2080 GAMING OC 8G

Borges

Reaction score
I have purchased an RTX 2080 which contains a scorched component. I have carefully removed it with a heat station. The card is not short and it works, but it is seen with artifacts.

The problem is that I cannot find the characteristics of the component anywhere. I am going to attach a photo in case someone has the same graphics card and can measure the component or if someone knows which one I have to buy. I would really appreciate itIMG_20211106_005351 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Laptechinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have purchased an RTX 2080 which contains a scorched component. I have carefully removed it with a heat station. The card is not short and it works, but it is seen with artifacts.

The problem is that I cannot find the characteristics of the component anywhere. I am going to attach a photo in case someone has the same graphics card and can measure the component or if someone knows which one I have to buy. I would really appreciate itView attachment 135
thats look like an inductor, check its pad if it is connected to ground or not, if not grounded any of a pad, then that should be inductor.

Borges

Reaction score
IMG_20211217_173554.jpgAs I found on the internet, I believe this is a ferrite bead. I went ahead and measured the size of the component and I think it measured between 2mm x 1mm and 1.6mm x 1mm. The problem is that I have no idea how to measure a ferrite bead or where I can find the characteristics for this component.

Laptechinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Borges okay then its a EMI filter, if you have any other donor board take it from them and solder on this board, you got schematic for this board?

Borges

Reaction score
I have a few faulty GPus, but I dont see any component with LB-XXX on the PCB

Borges

Reaction score
@Borges okay then its a EMI filter, if you have any other donor board take it from them and solder on this board, you got schematic for this board?
Also, what you said about the EMI filter makes sense. This is because I already removed the ferrite beads and I still get artifacts when I turn on the PC.

Do you think that not filtering of the electromagnetic interference is causing the artifacts or the problem is from another component (maybe the RAM)? Also, can I solder a ferrite bead of similar characteristics (a ferrite bead of the same size) or does it have to be the exact one to not mess with the circuit? I am not really certain on how ferrite beads and EMI components work.

Laptechinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, what you said about the EMI filter makes sense. This is because I already removed the ferrite beads and I still get artifacts when I turn on the PC.

Do you think that not filtering of the electromagnetic interference is causing the artifacts or the problem is from another component (maybe the RAM)? Also, can I solder a ferrite bead of similar characteristics (a ferrite bead of the same size) or does it have to be the exact one to not mess with the circuit? I am not really certain on how ferrite beads and EMI components work.
can you upload a photo of that artifact then let see. EMi filter used to reduce noise from the signal line. that wont cause that kind of issue i believe .

Find member

Latest posts

• Hi. The website contents will be filled soon.the typing and writings works are going on. So please be patience, it will have more resources soon. If you have anything to post to learn please post / share it.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock