• Hi everybody.
    > Ask in the appripiate section.
    > Mention all the required fields.
    > Explain the issue clearly.
    > If solved your problem, write here how you solved the issues so others can benefits.
    Thank you
  • Hi howdy? we glad you to be here. Are you interested to learn Laptop chip level repair work, then this is a small forum join in the laptop repair community to help each other.
    Please Register

Repair Help Constantly running fan

Watgrad

Reaction score
Laptop Brand
HP
Motherboard No
744016-001
Laptop Model No
Probook 650 g1
Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot an HP Probook 650 g1 laptop issue. The fan constantly runs on high when powered in. This is regardless of os installed (Windows or linux), plugged in or on battery. The fan runs high even when booting into bios. This led me to believe there is a hardware problem

To remedy, I've tried:
- cleaning fan and vents
- removing, cleaning, and regreasing/reseating the heatsink
- turning off 'fan always on' in bios
- updating bios to newest version (2020)
- perform hp's hard reset to clear CMOS
- I've replaced the fan (because I thought the fan's sensor might be broken)

None of these have helped.

Now I've run out of ideas. Could it be a broken thermal sensor somewhere on the mb? (CPU temps are reported and do show fluctuations with load, so they seem to work properly...)

I'm not sure what else to try in order to problem solve this.
Open to any ideas you have.

Laptechinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Watgrad have to check the BIOS bin file, you have a backup of the old bios file before it was updated? if not , then send us the present bios bin file (read it from board) dont send downloaded one

Watgrad

Reaction score
@Watgrad have to check the BIOS bin file, you have a backup of the old bios file before it was updated? if not , then send us the present bios bin file (read it from board) dont send downloaded one
OK, thanks - here is what the BIOS Backup utility provides (current), I didn't back up the original. I had to zip the file to get it to upload.

Attachments

• HPIMAGE.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Watgrad

Reaction score
OK, thanks - here is what the BIOS Backup utility provides (current), I didn't back up the original. I had to zip the file to get it to upload.
Is this file any help --- or could there be a temp sensor on the motherboard that is broken?

Laptechinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this file any help --- or could there be a temp sensor on the motherboard that is broken?
Sorry bro, i got little busy. Today i check your BIOS file

Find member

Latest posts

• Hi. The website contents will be filled soon.the typing and writings works are going on. So please be patience, it will have more resources soon. If you have anything to post to learn please post / share it.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock