• Hi everybody.
    > Ask in the appripiate section.
    > Mention all the required fields.
    > Explain the issue clearly.
    > If solved your problem, write here how you solved the issues so others can benefits.
    Thank you
  • Hi howdy? we glad you to be here. Are you interested to learn Laptop chip level repair work, then this is a small forum join in the laptop repair community to help each other.
    Please Register

Repair Help HP Envy m6 laptop repair

Amira

Reaction score
Laptop Brand
HP
Motherboard No
Not available
Laptop Model No
Envy m6 1184ca
Hi guys,

I've had this laptop for a few years and for the past couple of years it's not been the same. The problems occured one after the other with touchpad malfunctioning followed by wifi and finally I had to replace the hdd due to bad sector. It's always been overheating so I think that's why the problems piled up. Now I'm obviously a total noob, but since I have no access to a professional help nor can I afford one, I just wanted to open it up, see what's what, maybe blow some canned air into the fan, check to see if there's discoloration on motherboard and stuff like that. I would appreciate any tips anyone can give me prior to me destroying my laptop...

Laptechinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Amira so you are going to open the laptop?
Overheating may caused by dust particles in the fan spinning area, open the laptop and clean with nice brush or air can, and apply some thermal paste on processor between heat sink contact. And check problem solved or not.šŸ˜Š

Amira

Reaction score
@Amira so you are going to open the laptop?
Overheating may caused by dust particles in the fan spinning area, open the laptop and clean with nice brush or air can, and apply some thermal paste on processor between heat sink contact. And check problem solved or not.šŸ˜Š
Thanks for the reply!

I actually opened it all up a couple of days ago, used both air can and brush too. Unfortunately the paste was all dried up and since I didn't have new one I just left it like that. I completely cleaned the fan as well. But the problems with wifi and touchpad didn't go away. I have a feeling that there's some permanent damage there.

I have a quick question. I remember ordering a keyboard for it online a few years back, since some of the pins on keys were broken. When I received the new keyboard I noticed that it's a different model (it had no backlight as opposed to its original one). I replaced it nonetheless. Could that have caused a permanent damage over long time?

Laptechinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I actually opened it all up a couple of days ago, used both air can and brush too. Unfortunately the paste was all dried up and since I didn't have new one I just left it like that. I completely cleaned the fan as well. But the problems with wifi and touchpad didn't go away. I have a feeling that there's some permanent damage there.

I have a quick question. I remember ordering a keyboard for it online a few years back, since some of the pins on keys were broken. When I received the new keyboard I noticed that it's a different model (it had no backlight as opposed to its original one). I replaced it nonetheless. Could that have caused a permanent damage over long time?
Okay replace your Keyborad, and remove wifi card, and check if the touch pad not working , clean the touch pad's strip with IPA and check, if not fixed have to check the touchpad voltage and data lines, if all okay then to replace touch pad too.

Amira

Reaction score
Okay replace your Keyborad, and remove wifi card, and check if the touch pad not working , clean the touch pad's strip with IPA and check, if not fixed have to check the touchpad voltage and data lines, if all okay then to replace touch pad too.

I'll try that out, thank you very much for the help!

Find member

Latest posts

• Hi. The website contents will be filled soon.the typing and writings works are going on. So please be patience, it will have more resources soon. If you have anything to post to learn please post / share it.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock