• Hi everybody.
    > Ask in the appripiate section.
    > Mention all the required fields.
    > Explain the issue clearly.
    > If solved your problem, write here how you solved the issues so others can benefits.
    Thank you
  • Hi howdy? we glad you to be here. Are you interested to learn Laptop chip level repair work, then this is a small forum join in the laptop repair community to help each other.
    Please Register

Repair Help IdeaPad 330S-15ARR ( 81FB ) Laptop not charging

Pandaxult

Reaction score
Laptop Brand
Lenovo
Motherboard No
Part number : 5820R27421
Laptop Model No
IdeaPad 330S-15ARR ( 81FB )
Hello!
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330s-15ARR.
Yesterday I noticed my laptop wasn't charging.
I measured the voltage at the charging cable and it was 0V. My charger was rated 20V 2.25A, tip positive. I went through my drawers and found an old Fujitsu charger 19V 3.25A tip positive. The Fujitsu used a bigger DC jack so I had to solder the Lenovo DC jack to the Fujitsu one.
After my soldering job was complete I double checked the connections, everything was ok and measured 19.6V at the connector and I researched online and it seemed ok to have 19.6V instead of the 20V used by Lenovo .
I plugged my laptop in, and it started charging and after 10 secunds it shut down, i turned it on again and again in shut down, i removed the charger from the laptop and it didn't shut down anymore and as soon as I plugged back in in turned off after a short while.
When it was off, the charging led on the laptop was on, so it seemed like the laptop was charging . I opened up the laptop and measured the battery voltage, it said on the battery a nominal voltage of 7.4V but i measured 6.9V, i left it overnight to charge and this morning I measured once again the battery and now it has 0.3V !!

If i plug it in now, the charging led doesn't even light up, i tried removing the battery and powering the laptop solely from the power brick but it didn't turn on. What do you think happened here ?

To recap, the old charger was 20V 2.25A and the new one 19V 3.25A and both are tip positive, i don't see any mismatch here .

Laptechinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Pandaxult hi, welcome

You opened the laptop and have you checked the voltage that comes to the DC in side mosfets?

Pandaxult

Reaction score
Pictures from front and back of MB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 3

Find member

Latest posts

• Hi. The website contents will be filled soon.the typing and writings works are going on. So please be patience, it will have more resources soon. If you have anything to post to learn please post / share it.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock