• Hi howdy? we glad you to be here. Are you interested to learn Laptop chip level repair work, then this is a small forum join in the laptop repair community to help each other.
    Please Register

Laptop Motherboard Manufacturer | Laptop motherboard identification | identify laptop motherboard schematic number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptechinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In this article I am going to explain how to read motherboard's part number and identify the part number of the various motherboards

If we have a circuit for a Lenovo G500 laptop ? Need circuit diagram for that Lenovo laptop, then you must understand that the circuits diagrams are not searched by the laptop model number, but by its board manufacturer name and part number.

I have attached some pictures of laptop motherboards manufacturer and its part numbers

There are few major board manufacturers are there like Wistron, Compal, Foxcon etc

For example, Asus, Toshiba, Acer, Dell, Lenovo may have
Compal manufactured motherboards.

Apple Laptop:

In its production Apple uses only their own boards that Foxconn produces for them. I don’t remember any other vendor like that. We'll start with Apple. So, we need to find a diagram for an Apple laptop, look for a model like A13xx - it's useless, different motherboards can be used in the same model, depending on the year of production. We need to disassemble the laptop, get the motherboard and find there is an inscription like 820- xxxx-x, this is how Apple boards are labelled and nothing else. An example board photo below

1644168361529.png

Here on the board the number 820-2915-A is Embossed on the motherboard, according to these numbers we need to look / search for a schematic on google or from internet

Asus laptops :

Asus usually manufactures the board on their own, but often come across based on Compal boards. Asus boards are labelled like this:

1644168429242.png

K54LY this is the board number and Rev 2.1

Samsung laptops :

Samsung also usually manufactures their own boards with their own brand names, and they don’t mark anything on the boards for repair reference, so it's hard to repair the Samsung motherboard in depth. Boards are labelled like this:

1644168475359.png
the above board model SCALA-15UL, Part number BA41-01323A.

Sony laptops :

Sony boards usually starts with MBX-xxx label, but there are also motherboards made by Quanta, Foxcon and Hanstar
1644168570321.png

1644168584176.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

• Hi. The website contents will be filled soon.the typing and writings works are going on. So please be patience, it will have more resources soon. If you have anything to post to learn please post / share it.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock